If you’ve found your way to this blog, we're pretty sure you’re a lover of pasta. Linguine is an elegant and delicious pasta ideal for spring and summertime dinner parties, it pairs perfectly with medium-thick sauces and most importantly is complemented by seafood. Here at Fish To Your Door, we specialise in providing our customers with high quality and sustainably sourced fish and seafood and we deliver to most mainland UK postcodes, so get ordering to add the final touch to your pasta dish.
Lobster and prawn Linguine is a perfectly balanced luxury dish, bound to leave your guests in awe of your culinary skills. Lobsters have a distinctive taste and can be best described as light, sweet and delicate in their texture. Lobsters also happen to be packed with omega-3 fatty acids and protein, perfect for those trying to maintain a well-balanced diet. Prawns also deliver many healthy vitamins and are known for the benefits they have on heart health. It’s fair to say that if you weren't already sold on rustling up a Lobster and Prawn Linguine, the health benefits alone should encourage you to take on head chef duties.
150g of Linguine
200g-300g of King Prawns
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
Basil leaves, finely chopped
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for drizzling)
1 white onion (chopped finely)
2 garlic cloves (chopped finely)
4 tomatoes (skinned and diced)
150ml of Tomato Passata
100ml of Lobster Bisque
100ml of White Wine
1 chilli (chopped finely)
Salt and pepper (to your taste)
- Firstly, Sauté your onions and garlic in a pan until light brown. Add in freshly chopped tomatoes and let them cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the Passata, Lobster Bisque, and White Wine and add herbs to taste, cook for 10 minutes.
- In s separate pan, gently dry roast chilli for a few minutes and add to sauce. Season to desired taste and set aside.
- Grab your Lobster, starting at the top of the tail, cut lengthways trying not to cut the flesh! Gently pull the meat from the shell without ripping.
- Once you’ve successfully removed the shells from your Lobster Tails, steam for 8-10 minutes. Once steamed cut two of the tails into large chunks and set aside the remaining whole tails.
- Add olive oil to a pan and gently cook prawns until they turn pink, add the tomato sauce and Lobster chunks, and stir.
- Cook linguine following instructions on the packaging, once cooked, drain and add to the pan with the sauce, lobster tails, and prawns. Toss well and ensure the sauce is evenly distributed, then plate up!
- Top each plate with whole Lobster Tail and herbs and drizzle with olive oil, enjoy!