Mother’s Day 2021 is fast approaching, although many of us will be celebrating differently with restaurants being closed due to lockdown, we think it’s important to show appreciation to the wonderful mother figures in our lives despite lockdown 2021! Let’s face it, nothing says “I love you” like taking on the cooking responsibilities. If you're strapped for ideas on what to cook for your Mother’s Day lunch, we will be sharing 5 must-try dishes. At Fish To Your Door, we specialise in providing you with the freshest, sustainably sourced products that you can order straight to your door!
Tuna is a source of high-quality protein with almost no fat! It contains all the essential amino acids required by the body for the growth and maintenance of lean muscle tissue, making it the perfect choice for mothers who are wanting to indulge in great food but also health-conscious. It would be rude of us not to share our simple recipe for grilling delicious Tuna steaks.
- 4 (6 to 8 ounce) tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Gather your ingredients
- Combine the oil, lemon juice, lemon pepper, salt, and lemon peel in a small bowl and mix well.
- Rub the marinade into the tuna steaks. Cover and refrigerate the tuna for 1 to 2 hours.
- Cook on a two-sided grill for 2 to 3 minutes per each 1/2" of meat thickness, until done as desired. You can also cook on charcoal or gas grill, or a cast iron grill pan on the stove, 5 to 8 minutes, turning once until done as you'd like.
- Slice and serve immediately with mixed salad
Lobsters are a favourite amongst royalty and a delicious treat, it’s only right that if you’re spoiling the queen in your life at home this Mother’s day you’ll consider indulging in some perfectly cooked white Lobster meat! Cooking lobster might seem intimidating but our Grilled Lobster recipe isn’t as tricky as you may think - plus to make things easier you can order a selection of cooked, half-cooked, or live Lobster straight to your door anywhere in the UK with Fish To Your Door - we’ve got you covered!
- 2 x whole cooked lobsters
- 60g salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp finely chopped tarragon leaves
- 1 small lemon, zested and cut into wedges
- Twist the claws away from the body to remove. Using a seafood cracker, break into pieces and pull out the meat. Roughly chop and transfer to a bowl.
- Turn the lobsters onto their backs and pull back the tails. Using a sharp knife, cut each lobster lengthways and separate it into 2 halves. Remove the meat, cut into pieces and add to the bowl; season.
- Wash and dry the empty shells and place them on a large baking tray. Fill with the lobster meat, then cover and chill until ready to grill.
- In a bowl, combine the butter, garlic, herbs, and lemon zest; season with black pepper. Spoon onto a piece of clingfilm and roll into a sausage-shape, twisting at each end. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour, or until needed.
- Remove the lobsters from the fridge 20 minutes before serving. Preheat the grill to medium-high. Top the lobsters with thin slices of butter. Grill for 6-8 minutes, until hot all the way through and lightly golden.
- Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over and sides of your choice!
Salmon is a much loved favourite and is always bound to go down a treat, not only does incorporating salmon into your diet come with a long list of health benefits such as; reducing the risk of heart disease and improving brain health but it also has a super quick cooking time! This means less time spent in the kitchen and more time to spend entertaining your mum on the one Sunday a year that’s all about her!
- 5 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 small lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic (peeled and roughly chopped)
1.Allow the Salmon to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients. Heat oven to gas mark 5. Line a large baking dish with a large piece of aluminum foil.
2.Lightly coat the foil with baking spray, then arrange 2 sprigs of the rosemary down the middle. Cut one of the lemons into thin slices and arrange half the slices down the middle with the rosemary. Place the salmon portions on top.
3.Drizzle the salmon with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Rub to coat, then throw the garlic cloves over the top. Lay the remaining rosemary and lemon slices on top of the salmon. Juice the second lemon, then pour the juice over the top.
4.Fold the sides of the aluminum foil up and over the top of the salmon until it is completely enclosed, leave a little room inside the foil for air to circulate.
5.Bake the salmon for 15-20 minutes, until the salmon is almost completely cooked through at the thickest part.
6.Remove the salmon from the oven and carefully open the foil so that the top of the fish is completely uncovered (be careful of steam). Turn the oven down slightly, then return the fish to the oven for 3-5 minutes, until the top of the salmon and the garlic are slightly golden and the fish is cooked through.
7.Remove the salmon from the oven. As soon as it flakes easily with a fork, it’s ready! Serve the salmon portions with an extra squeeze of lemon as desired and sides of your choice.
Monkfish is often served for special occasions, making it the perfect option for your Mother's day brunch. As far as fishes go, Monkfish is considered one of the healthiest, not only is it delicious but it contains a powerhouse of nutrients. Here at Fish To Your Door, we stock a selection of Monkfish tails; fillets, and portions. If you fancy trying something new, our Roast Monkfish in lemon and parsley butter recipe is a no-brainer!
- Monkfish fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 Lemon
- 40g unsalted butter
1.Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 7/ Fan 200. Unwrap your Monkfish fillets and dap them dry with kitchen paper, gently season with sea salt and pepper.
2.Place an ovenproof frying pan on medium-high heat for 2 minutes, then add the monkfish and fry for 2 minutes until brown. Carefully turn over the Monkfish and fry for a further 2 minutes. Transfer the frying pan to the oven and roast the Monkfish for 6-8 minutes (depending on how thick the fillets are). When the Monkfish will flake easily when pressed with a fork, it is cooked.
3.While the Monkfish is roasting, make the lemon and parsley butter. Finely grate the zest from the lemon, juice 1 half, and roughly chop the parsley leaves.
4.In a small pan, melt the butter on low heat, stir in the lemon zest, juice, and most of the parsley leaves, season to taste with salt and pepper. Bubble together for 1 minute, then remove from the heat. When the Monkfish is ready, remove it from the oven and drizzle over the lemon and parsley butter. Garnish with the remaining parsley and serve with sides of your choice!
Seafood Delight Mother’s Day Hamper
Perhaps you’re celebrating Mother’s Day from a safe distance this year, the Fish To Your Door Seafood Delight Hamper might be just what you’re looking for to treat your mum this year. Each one of our hampers is carefully packed with fresh and sustainably sourced products that are bound to go down a treat! Why not show your appreciation by sending one of our perfectly paired hampers?!
If you decide to incorporate a fresh fish or Seafood dish into your Mother’s Day menu, why not tag us on Instagram to show us how it went down! For more fresh fish ideas check out our Youtube channel, where we show you step by step how to create mouth-wateringly good dishes. Here at Fish To Your Door, we pride ourselves on great service; we deliver a wide selection of sustainably sourced fish, straight to your door!